The VSCC is seeking expressions of interest for the position of Local Event Coordinator for the Albany Classic. This is part of a review of the club's paid positions in accordance with due diligence and good governance.
For more information, please see the advertisement below:
Local Event Coordinator – Albany Classic Motor Event
The Vintage Sports Car Club of WA Inc. (VSCC) is seeking expressions of interest from suitable persons for the position of Local Event Coordinator for the Albany Classic Motor Event.
The Vintage Sports Car Club is an incorporated association comprising over 300 members who have the shared interest and passion of promoting historic motor sport in Western Australia.
The Albany Classic is one of the club’s premier events and is conducted in Albany on the first weekend in June each year. It comprises a hill-climb on the Saturday, at Mount Clarence and a “round-the-houses” regularity motor event, supported by a community festival, in the Albany CBD on the Sunday.
The Albany Classic (and community festival) is one of the major events on the Albany calendar and enjoys the support of the local businesses, community and City Council.
The Local Event Co-coordinator is an integral part of the VSCC Albany Classic organising team and is responsible for those aspects of the event planning and implementation that are specific to the Albany location.
The role involves:
- acting as a liaison between the VSCC and the Albany team members,
- collaborating with the City of Albany,
- organising the community festival,
- obtaining permits and approvals for traffic management,
- negotiating and maintaining sponsorships,
- marketing, website and social media management and
- the promotion of the event.
This position is a part-time role as an independent contractor to the VSCC.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in working with local government, business and community groups in the organisation of events.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with individuals to achieve set outcomes.
- The ability to work professionally in negotiating and managing:
o sponsorship agreements with state and local businesses
o the approvals required for the participants and services involved in conducting the festival (e.g. permits for stall-holders, road closures and traffic management, provision of entertainment facilities, toilets etc.)
- Competency in using business processes and systems to clearly communicate, record and account for his/her actions.
- The ability to promote the event using a variety of media formats.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Management Committee of the VSCC.
The remuneration is $30/hour up to a maximum of 1100 hours. The contracting period is from 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2020.
The successful applicant will be responsible for meeting normal administration costs incurred in the role. The VSCC will reimburse some external costs and expenses by prior agreement.
Applications with supporting documentation must be lodged with the Secretary, VSCC at PO Box 1127, Gwelup, 6018 or to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6 September, 2019.
Glenn Swarbrick email@example.com or 0411 597 948